Do you have a passion for international trade, exports or finance?
Do not miss this opportunity: Credendo is reinforcing its team with new talent! Engage in a career at Credendo Group, the 4th European credit insurer.
Credendo has been excelling in export credit insurance for almost a century. The company has grown to become a European player which is active nowadays in fourteen European countries.
470 enthusiastic professionals, 300 of whom are working in Belgium, assess the risks linked to international trade transactions and elaborate solutions to cover them.
In order to reinforce their team in Brussels, they are currently looking for a Legal Counsel (m/f).
As a member of the legal team of the HQ office, you will provide legal advice on a wide range of corporate - as well as core activities related to export credit insurance.
Your responsibilities are:
- Following up complex cases resulting from commercial transactions, mainly with non-OECD member countries. You give legal assistance, if necessary on-site and you have frequent contacts with exporters, investors, bankers and external legal or financial advisers. You negotiate and administer international debt restructuring proceedings.
- Advising on a broad range of legal core matters, mainly in the field of company law, financial law and insurance law, and this in an international context. You take into account the particularities of the export credit insurance business. Stakeholders are management, operational departments and policyholders.
- Managing all corporate matters and actively monitoring the legal environment in which the different Credendo Group entities are active. You respond to legal and structural changes, making a significant contribution to the group strategy.
- You have a master's degree in law.
- You practice commercial law (and contracts). Exposure or additional training in finance or corporate law is an asset.
- You have 3 to 5 years of experience in a well-reputed international law firm.
- You show very good oral and written proficiency in English and French, your mother tongue is Dutch.
- You have excellent communication skills and a strong influencing capability.
- You are business-oriented and drawn to the financial aspects of all international trade transactions.
- You like working autonomously but show also team spirit.
- You handle stress well.
- You are willing to travel occasionally.
- A challenging career in a multilingual and international environment.
- Continuous learning opportunities to develop your talent.
- An attractive salary supplemented by a number of fringe benefits.
- Our Belgian offices are located in the centre of Brussels, easily accessible by public transport.
Please send your resume to:
+32 10 68 63 16