Legalia is currently looking for a Paralegal for Sofina (permanent position based in Brussels).
Sofina is a Belgian, family-controlled and run, Investment Company listed on Euronext Brussels (BEL20). Our mission is to provide patient and supportive capital helping families and entrepreneurs to develop their businesses. Sofina invests both directly and through Private Equity funds. Sofina has a team of ~50 people (incl. 18 investment professionals) with offices in Brussels, Luxembourg and Singapore.
You will be joining the Tax and Legal Department, where you will actively participate in the corporate housekeeping and tax and legal compliance of the Sofina Group, the management of the tax and legal database and the support of the Tax and Legal Department under the direct supervision of the General Counsel.
You will be involved in the following tasks:
Corporate housekeeping of Sofina and its Belgian subsidiaries:
- preparing convening notices to the board and shareholders' meetings;
- organizing board meetings (incl. preparation of board packs) and shareholders’ meetings;
- drafting minutes of board and shareholders' meetings;
- communication with shareholders' and board members;
- updating shareholders' registers and liaising with depositary bank;
- performing legal publications;
- preparation of the annual report of Sofina;
- electronic and paper filing of corporate housekeeping documentation.
Legal management of portfolio companies of the Sofina group:
- coordination of participation of Sofina as a shareholder in its portfolio companies;
- liaising within the Sofina group for execution of amendments to the transaction documentation or amendments to the statutory documentation;
Legal assistance for new investments:
- Coordination of execution of non-disclosure agreements;
- Assistance on execution of transaction documents;
- Electronic and paper filing of transaction documents.
- keeping tax and legal department current of tax and legal developments;
- organizing, filing and updating the legal and tax database (precedents, seminars, legal doctrine and case law).
Support to the Tax and Legal department:
- assistance on compliance (tax, financial, regulatory, transparency, etc.), including electronic and paper filing;
- proof reading of legal memos, minutes and reports; and
- attending and preparing the weekly meeting of the tax and legal team.
- Bachelor degree in Law and/or about 10 years of relevant experience as a legal assistant or paralegal in a corporate environment or in a leading international law firm;
- Fluent in English and French (written and oral), Good knowledge of Dutch;
- Advanced MS Office skills;
- Knowledge of listed companies and their regulatory environment;
- Excellent organization and communication skills, rigorous and detail-minded;
- Reliable and discreet team player;
- Eager to learn, stress-resistant, can do attitude.
- Stimulating and integrated work environment;
- Young, dynamic and pro-active team;
- Attractive salary package (and fringe benefits) aligned with your experience;
- Offices are located in the center of Brussels (easily accessible by public transport);
- This is a full-time position, although part-time (75%+) is also possible.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to:
tél: 010 68 63 16