Legalia is currently looking for a Corporate Legal Counsel for Eurofins Scientific Group.
With over 25,000 staff in more than 250 laboratories across 39 countries, Eurofins Scientific is the world leader in food and biopharma product testing. It is also number one in the world in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, pharma discovery services and central laboratory services.
Its Global Service Center is located in Brussels (Auderghem).
Summary of role and objectives
Reporting to the Head of Legal you will be responsible of :
I. General legal compliance, governance monitoring and legal support to Group reorganizations
- Overseeing the drafting of board or shareholder resolutions for several different Group legal entities, including proxies and ancillary documentation and legal formalities of several kind and in several countries;
- Guide the team in the monitoring of a tight Group governance calendar including, among other things, a procedure of delegation of contractual and spending limits for Managing Directors, through the preparation of different types of shareholder's resolutions, endorsement and signatory requirements;
- Ensuring, on a regular basis, efficient legal adivse to different types of contracts, deeds and restructuring operations, including capital increases, mergers, acquisitions, share transfers, etc.
II. Management of international agreements
- Ensuring the drafting, updating and general monitoring of an important intragroup agreement portfolio (service, loan, franchise agreements);
- Implement the General Terms of Sales across the regions;
- Help the Group affiliates in drafting, negotiating and implementing proper commercial agreements with major customers.
III. Support in the management of Group Organizational charts
- Update Group legal and operational charts by liaising with Finance Directors, the Controllers' team and operations worldwide;
- Overseeing the reporting of relevant corporate legal information including list of director mandates and the preparing upon request of specific views of the legal organization (e.g. per division, per responsible leader, etc.).
Qualifications and experience required:
Personal Skills :
- Rigorous and strong analytical skills, detail oriented
- Team player with good communication skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to work in an international environment
- Dynamic and proactive spirit.
Initial Education Background : Master in Law (University).
Language skills and level expected : English (written, oral) fluent required. French much appreciated. Dutch or German are a plus.
Type and duration of previous experience : 4 to 8 years relevant experience in the industry or legal practice (corporate law)
Technical knowledge (e.g. IT…): Excellent knowledge of MS Office tools (Excel, Powerpoint)
Tél: 010 68 63 16