Legalia is currently looking for a Legal Advisor for Umedia based in Brussels.
Umedia is a Belgian film group with more than 100 staff based in Brussels, Los Angeles, Paris, London and Vancouver and who offers its services to international film projects in development, production, financing, visual effects and finishing. Umedia has invested more than € 500 million via its tax shelter and has collaborated on more than 300 movies and series. In order to pursue its development, Umedia is looking for a Legal Avisor. By joining Umedia, you will be integrating a company that is constantly looking for excellence thanks to a strong company culture relying on the daily application of its values.
You will work under the hierarchical supervision of the group’s CFO and your mission is to be the internal counsel and only point of contact for any questions related to corporate and commercial law, with your main responsibilities consisting of the following:
- Management of commercial contracts, external partnerships and contracts in relation with movie production, amongst others the IP aspects related to these contracts and partnerships;
- On an ad-hoc basis, provide support for the strategic projects of the group;
- Claims and litigation management;
- Contact with specialized external counsel (tax, social and commercial law) and foreign lawyers for the foreign entities;
- Manage the group’s insurances, in collaboration with the broker;
- Organize general assemblies and administrator meetings, legal publications, maintain the shareholder registers and the mandates (corporate housekeeping);
- Validation and archiving of the intercompany contracts.
- You hold a Master in Law degree and have gained a first work experience of 3 to 7 years as attorney or legal counsel in the specified matters;
- You have excellent communication and listening skills and are able to impose your point of view in a pragmatic way that is useful for the company; you have good judgment (business sense);
- You are proactive and have integrity as well as an entrepreneurial spirit. In general, this role requires solid legal reflexes, the ability to identify the group’s risks and to resolve them, possibly with the assistance of external specialists;
- You are proficient in French and can handle yourself with ease in spoken and written English. Knowledge of Dutch is considered an advantage.
Umedia is offering:
- An attractive salary package and numerous extra-legal advantages;
- Fantastic work conditions;
- A position with responsibility in a fast growing company.
Tel.: +32 (0)10 68 63 16