Legalia is curently looking for a Legal Counsel for Credendo in Brussels.
Credendo is Belgium's public credit insurer, covering companies and banks against political and commercial risks relating to international commercial transactions. Credendo Short Term Non EU Risks is one of its biggest subsidiaries.
- You will report to the Legal and Claims Coordinator and you will be part of the Legal Team within the department Legal & Policy Management.
- You will provide legal advice related to the export credit insurance business and/or more general advice covering several areas of law with which Credendo is faced. You will be in contact with the management, colleagues from other operational departments (sales, risk underwriting, claims, policy management) and the insured.
- Together with your colleague legal counsels and the compliance officer, you will follow Credendo's legal environment closely and provide related legal advice to the management.
- You will manage complex claim files by advising the operational departments, negotiating with the insured, contacting the debtors and brokers and by handling the complete administrative follow-up.
- You have a master's degree in law, if possible supplemented with additional training in finance, business or international trade.
- You have at least 5 years of experience as a lawyer (at the bar or as in-house legal counsel), preferably in the fields of commercial and/or financial law
- Your mother tongue is either Dutch, with a very good oral and written proficiency in English and French, or French, with a very good oral and written proficiency in English and Dutch. Knowledge of other languages is certainly a plus.
- You have good communication skills and find it easy to establish contacts.
- You are business-oriented and solution minded.
- You are good at analysing and summarising information.
- You like working autonomously yet also show team spirit.
- You handle stress well.
- You know how to work with standard MS Office tools.
- A challenging career in a multilingual and international environment.
- Continuous learning opportunities to develop your talent.
- An attractive salary supplemented by a number of fringe benefits.
- Our Belgian offices are located in the centre of Brussels, easily accessible by public transport.
Tel. : 010 68 63 16