Legalia is currently looking for a Paralegal and IP Formalities Officer for Tessenderlo Group.
Tessenderlo Group is a diversified industrial group that focuses on agriculture, valorizing bio-residuals and providing industrial solutions. The group employs approximately 4,500 people, is a leader in most of its markets and recorded a consolidated revenue of 1.7 billion EUR in 2017. Tessenderlo Group is listed on Euronext Brussels and is part of Next 150 and BEL Mid indices.
Tessenderlo is currently looking for a new colleague to strengthen the legal & IP team.
This position is based in their headquarters in Brussels.
Tasks and responsibilities
Your main tasks are related to the management of all contracts and documents within the legal team: creation of contracts and legal documents, follow up of signature and legal formalities, implementation and tracking of legal processes and maintenance of the Group Legal Databases. You will more specifically be in charge of the following:
- You will support the legal team in ad hoc projects (e-learning programs, draft legal correspondence, memoranda, templates, translations…).
- You will maintain and upgrade the Group Legal Databases (including corporate housekeeping documents, contracts and Intellectual Property) and Group Legal Chart;
- You will assist in the preparation of extraordinary transactions and operations in coordination with notaries (providing documentation, reviewing drafts…);
- You will ensure the follow-up of requests from legal counsels and from other departments for corporate documents and/or legalization of documents;
- You will provide assistance to the Compliance Officer and compliance workgroup (e.g. assistance with insider trading legislation);
- You will oversee the administrative follow-up of all invoices related to the legal department.
As you grow in your function, you will also progressively be involved in the following corporate housekeeping tasks:
- You will prepare, review and manage corporate legal documents (e.g. minutes of Board of Directors, General Meetings, Powers of Attorney, Board mandates renewal etc.) of the group legal entities;
- You will take care of the administrative and organizational preparation and follow-up of the General Meetings of the listed parent company.
- You will maintain, manage and upgrade the Group IP Databases (patents, trademarks, i-depots, other as well as IP contracts). You will proactively work with IT and IP teams to suggest ways to improve docketing and IP portfolio management;
- You will be able to draw correct reports from the patent and trademark databases needed for decision making on renewal deadlines and stage gate decision for patents, trademarks and domain names a.o. decisions on countries of filing, ordering translations, paying of fees, following up legalisations/notary registrations;
- You will manage the IP Standard Operating Procedures and templates with input from the Intellectual asset managers (IAMs) and ensure uploading on Sharepoint and distribution to IP community;
- You will manage and update documentation on the company’s IP intranet site;
- You gather agenda topics, support preparation and distribute minutes for the IP business and IP community meetings. You will be the secretary (make meeting minutes) of the IP community and MT meetings;
- Support the Intellectual Asset Managers in gathering information on certain IP law aspects e.g. laws on inventorship, ownership, …
- You hold a Bachelor of Legal Practice or Bachelor of Office Management or equivalent through experience;
- You have or are willing to follow the necessary Legal and IP training or have equivalent on-the-job experience to build a good understanding of the key corporate housekeeping and legal compliance and intellectual property (IP) concepts and terminology, the different IP systems (EPC, PCT, US and the formality requirements of the main patenting & trademark protection routes and procedures);
- Your work is extremely accurate and you enjoy paying attention to details and deadlines;
- You feel comfortable with the use of new technologies and IT tools;
- You have experience with the use, maintenance and set up of data bases such as Sharepoint 2016;
- You are able to work autonomously in a fast-moving working environment;
- You have a positive attitude and drive & proactive communication skills;
- You are reliable and trustworthy and you are a team player;
- You are very fluent in Dutch or French and English.
Tessenderlo is offering:
- An opportunity with a lot of diversity, access to interesting trainings and perspectives of evolution and personal development;
- A unique occasion to join one of Belgium’s recognized top companies experiencing constant growth;
- A full-time position with an attractive salary package and extra-legal advantages.
Please send your cv to:
Tel: +32 10 88 07 60