Legalia is currently looking for a Solo Legal Counsel for an industrial/engineering company having its headquarters located near Louvain-la-Neuve (25km from Brussels) and its business and subsidiaries almost all over the world.
As Solo Legal Counsel, you will:
- Advise internal clients at a national and international level on various legal matters;
- Partner with the business and proactively anticipate potential issues, by providing pragmatic and useful solutions to business needs on different legal areas such as, but not limited to, contract law, general commercial law, labour law, corporate law;
- Permanently update your skills and knowledge in respect of national and international legislation depending on the subjects you will handle to ensure that client’s activities remain in conformity with applicable laws, directives and regulations;
- If necessary, educate and provide training and guidance to the business;
More specifically, you will:
- Formulate, draft, review and negotiate a wide variety of national and international commercial related documents and contracts;
- Advise and support your internal clients (including sales and purchase people) on legal and strategic topics to enable them to meet their business objectives;
- Facilitate and collaborate in contract or dispute negotiations in close contact with the business, identifying and reporting legal risks and formulating alternative proposals
- Advise and support company on social and employment aspects;
- Handle and renegotiate if necessary the insurance portfolio of the company in collaboration with the insurance broker;
- Supervise the corporate housekeeping of the subsidiaries of the company;
The geographic scope of the business is mainly Europe, MENA, South America, Asia. You will be asked to travel in average once a month.
Our client is looking for a dynamic, autonomous and self-motivated legal counsel who possesses superb judgment, and the ability to make decisions that balance the important business and legal priorities of the company.
- You hold a Master degree in Law. Any additional international qualifications is an asset;
- You have a professional experience of more than 8 years in an international environment and can work autonomously;
- You have gained significant experience in international contract and general commercial law, labour law and in other general business law matters. An experience in an international business law firm is a plus;
- You are flexible and willing to travel from time to time;
- You are fluent in English and French. Any additional language (Spanish) is an asset;
- You have a sound understanding of business processes, have a pragmatic and solution-oriented approach, and are able to communicate and operate in a multidisciplinary environment;
- You are customer focused, support-minded, with a sense of urgency;
- You have strong analytical and organizational skills.
- You will find a unique opportunity work in a challenging international environment and directly participate to the development of a blooming company
- You will benefit of a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- You will be offered a motivating and attractive remuneration package in accordance with your skills and experience
Tel.: +32 (0)10 88 07 60