Some interesting tracks are advanced. Here are the highlights:
- The ability to sign remote deeds (videoconferencing) for some clients. This measure is aimed in particular at banks and contractors who pass numerous notarial deeds each year.
- The specialization of notaries in certain subjects: the examination system would be reviewed, allowing aspiring notaries, after a general training, to specialize only in certain subjects. They would thus be more readily available for notary offices and would exercise only in their chosen field.
- The possibility of practicing the profession of notary as an employee. This would respond to the fear that some feel about taking on the responsibility for a notary office as a self-employed person.
- The increase in the number of notaries. This measure is justified by the growing complexity of the profession, which generates more time for the processing of files.
- Adjustment of fees in case of acquisition of a property: the key measure of this proposal is the distribution of the notary fees between the buyer (75%) and the seller (25%). This measure aims for greater equity and, it seems, easier access to ownership (the decrease in the cost to the buyer however seems minimal compared to the overall cost of a real estate acquisition ...).
- The possibility for the notary public to pronounce a divorce in a formal way, thus avoiding the ex-spouse to go to court.
- These few measures are interesting and clearly aim to simplify and clarify the profession.
For more information on this topic: